Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....



Well, here in northern lower Michigan...we're not dreaming anymore.....we WILL have a white Christmas! We received another 7" of snow last night on top of the 8-9" we already had! It's a beautiful white fluffy snow... and we really look like a winter wonderland! For those into "winter recreation" this is the place to be - skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating and winter picnics! Yes, winter picnics....we had our first winter picnic when we first came to Manton. After an afternoon of snowmobiling, we roasted hot dogs on an open fire, had s'mores and hot chocolate and ate all bundled up! What fun!
I will admit though, that I'm a "summer" person at heart, and love the warm temps, the beaches and summer sun. But since we have LONG winters here, I awake each morning saying the verse, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Today we can rejoice in the beauty of the sparkling snow and the postcard picture view from my window!

5 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

oooh. so pretty!

Deb said...

I'm a FALL person but have to admit, it is pretty. It always amazes me how He can make each snowfall so different. "It's the Reason for the Season."

Ben and Rebekah said...

That snow is just the way I remember it!

Rachel said...

Yikes! Just think---Hawaii is only 2 months away!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

danlanning said...

it's amazing what 1 1/2 hours of driving will ake for a difference in snow....sorry you have that much!