Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Daddy - Frank Lehmann

1977 picture of Daddy with our new baby Rachel
Sunday is Father's Day - and what a wonderful day to celebrate and give thanks to those that have been such wonderful fathers. My daddy was truly a beautiful example of what all fathers should be. I only had him for 28 years - but those were WONDERFUL years! Life wasn't always easy for Daddy - but what I remember the most is his TOTAL dependance on God through the tough times. When I was five, my Mother passed away and what a difficult time that was for 2 little girls and a now widower. My Daddy gave so much love and care and attention to us, that we were able to "walk through that valley" together. What strength he was given from the Lord!

I'll never forget when we called Daddy that he would be a grandfather. He was so excited and proud when our first daughter, Rachel was born! He always said if he became a grandfather, he would grow a mustache - well he did and looked so distinguished in it! What a joy to present another granddaughter to him a year later....he just loved holding them and "talking" to them when they were first born.

Daddy's true joy was in serving the Lord. He loved directing choirs, and singing and that's how he went home to heaven....it was just after a Sunday Night Service that he directed - the final song he led was "Amazing Grace" - and just minutes later after a heart attack, he was in the presence of Jesus! What a way to go HOME!

I miss my Daddy, but know he is praising the Lord in heaven, and one of these days we'll have a great reunion together!

How thankful I am for a godly father that prayed for me to marry a godly husband...and what a wonderful husband I have and a father to our children!

GOD IS SO GOOD!!

No comments: