Monday, September 17, 2007

Diamonds are a girl's best friend....

Twenty five years ago, I lost my beautiful diamond that my fiancee (and later husband) had given me on that wonderful night in May, 1976. I was just heartbroken!

Tuesday, September 18th is our 31st anniversary, and my wonderful husband has given me another gorgeous diamond! What an anniversary gift!!! Last year, we went to Hawaii for our 30th...this year, a diamond....I wonder what next year will bring!

My diamond is so beautiful. It sparkles, it shines, and it's expensive and valuable. No wonder the jewelers call them our best friend!! As a child of God, we too can sparkle and we can shine, and are valuable. Did you know that diamonds don't start out beautiful? They come from deep in the earth. It's just like when we come to Christ for salvation. We come from deep within the mirey clay of sin. One of the characteristics of a diamond is its clarity. That involves whether there is the presence of any impurities or inclusions in the diamond. Depending on its visibility, the grade of a diamond will go up or down. As a Christian, any impurities in us will bring us down in grade as a Christian too. Others may not even see our impurities or our sins because it may not be visible with our eye, but Christ can see our hearts. He knows what the scale of our clarity is. Diamonds don't automatically shine and sparkle. Diamonds that are uncut are rough and aren't like the diamonds we wear in our jewelry. Only the cut diamonds sparkle. A diamond has to be cut by someone who is skilled in diamond cutting for it to sparkle and reflect light. Only the cut Christian can sparkle too. We need to be cut by our Master Designer in order to sparkle and reflect the light of Christ in the way that we should. Then we reflect His light in our lives.

My diamond sparkles and shines on my finger.....I'm praying that my life will sparkle and shine with His light!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, take a picture, mom! I want to see your new diamond!!!

Deb said...

YES...take a picture! How exciting and beautifully written! Can't wait to see it in person!

Congrats on 31 years!