Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I CAN'T WAIT....

***I CAN'T WAIT to see Rachel and Matt on Saturday! They have just flown in from Taiwan, and are in Pennsylvania visiting Matt's side of the family. It's been a LONG year since we have seen them - what a reunion it will be!!!

***I CAN'T WAIT to get to Gull Lake on Saturday! Every year for the past 22 years, we've had a family vacation week at Gull Lake Conference. This year, ALL of us will be together for several days. We'll celebrate Rachel and Elizabeth's birthdays, and enjoy just being together! I look forward to this special week all year long!

***I CAN'T WAIT to hear the news of our new grandbaby being born! Ben and Rebekah are expecting the end of September, and as soon as we hear the news, we'll be on our way to greet the newest member of our family!

***I CAN'T WAIT to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, September 18th! We have had a beautiful marriage, and four wonderful children, for which we thank the Lord. We even have 3 perfect son-in-laws for our girls. Our family is growing! We pray that we will have many more years together to celebrate!

When I think of the exciting things that come into our lives, and the "I CAN'T WAIT" for things coming up...it reminds me I need that kind of a heart attitude toward my spiritual life as well. Each morning I need to wake up and "CAN'T WAIT" for my quiet time with the Lord - it's the "gas and oil" I need to get me going in the morning! I also need the "I CAN'T WAIT" desire for the Lord's return. Someday we will see Him face to face...."I CAN'T WAIT!!!"

1 comment:

danlanning said...

mom knows best...good stuff, mom!