Friday, July 14, 2006

True Friends are a treasure

What fun I had today as my favorite friends got together and celebrated my birthday. (My birthday was in June, but we couldn't get together to celebrate until today....I love stretching out parties!) Our friendship started out many years ago as a group of 5 from our church - but the Lord called one our our group, Mickey, home to heaven after a long struggle with breast cancer. She was only 34 years old! But the 4 of us have kept up our friendship through the years even though we are not all living in the same location anymore. Debbie (and husband) had moved to Kansas for many years, and now has moved back to Cedar Springs, MI (about 1 hour away). Sharon(and husband) moved to Grand Rapids. I'm so thankful that Beckie (and husband) are still here in Manton with us at church! Since we are all living in the great state of Michigan again, we try to get together every other month for lunch...and today we all met in Grand Rapids at Arnies! What fun, laughter, talking and eating we do when we are together. We went back to Sharon's home for cake...her famous angel food/cherry cake...YUMMY! And they all gave me such beautiful gifts! We have had a solid friendship for many years, and how I thank the Lord for each one of these ladies. They truly are a blessing and encouragement to me. Next month, we thought we'd invite our husbands to a great cook-out in August at Debbie's home - they have a great time with one another too!
Thank you again, my wonderful friends for a great day! You're the best!

No comments: