Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Touch of the Green Thumb....

Sometimes blessings just drop down unexpectedly and what an encouragement they are!
We have a new family attending our church (they have been coming for about a year now), and about a month ago, Peggy asked me if I would ever like help with my "flower gardens" in the front of our house, and around the church. We have been at Rollins Church for 22 years now, and our flower gardens are in pretty pathetic shape. God never gave me the gift of a "green thumb"- but I do LOVE the beauty of flowers, I just can't make things grow and look beautiful.
My resounding "YES" could have probably been heard for miles around!! Peggy and her husband have taken on our home and church as a "ministry project"... and already we have seen some beautiful landscaping taking shape. What a blessing not only to our family, but to our entire church family as well. It may take this summer/fall and next spring to get it where they want it, but with their handiwork, what a testimony to God's beauty in nature it will be to those that drive by, or come to the church.

No comments: